CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Control your DESKTOP COMPUTER with your Ipad/Ipod for FREE!!!!!

Hi friends!  I have spent the last three days setting up and presenting and attending our wonderful district Technology Conference!  It's been exciting and I have some great things to share with you.

Would you like to control your desktop computer with your Ipad- while viewing your computer screen on your ipad?
*Since writing this post, I have discovered a better app!  Check out Splashtop Whiteboard, currently $9.99, normally $19.99!  This app gives you the functions of a whiteboard!!!!
I'm asking you if you would essentially like to turn your Ipad into a Mobi Interwrite... for free.  You can even buy a stylist and WRITE ON YOUR SCREEN!!!!!!


Yes, bloggy friends, it's true! In order to do this you will need a Virtual Network Computing, or VNC app.

This video is just a demonstration of the technology.  This is the paid version of an app called "Screens" which does the same thing as Mocha Lite.



I just installed this version and IT WORKS AND IT IS SOOOOO COOL!
Mocha VNC Lite App    Cost: $0!!!!
Using your iPhone or iPad, you can connect to a Windows PC or Mac OS X and see the files, programs, and resources exactly as you would if you were sitting at your desk, just on a smaller screen.
"VNC" $0 Cons: Hard to set up without watching a tutorial, but here's the video tutorial that gives simples steps to follow!
RDP $0- Same as VNC, but works on a PC is how I understood it.


Here are the directions for how to set up the Mocha VNC Lite to connect to a Mac:





Directions for controlling a PC:
1. Go buy a Mac.  Seriously.  Watch this video, it has 17,0000,0000 steps of silly windows things.  Watch the Mac video.  It takes 2 secs and 1/198 the amount of steps. Alright, I'm off my soapbox.

Here's your video:


I've so excited right now I can't even tell you about it.  Basically I just created a Mobi FOR FREE!!!!!!  I don't have an interactive whiteboard, but now I can control the computer and see the screen on the Ipad at the same time.  You can also do this with an iphone or itouch.

More to come soon...

7 comments:

Janaye

I love your enthusiasm!! Yay, technology! :D

Megan

I tried it, and after lots of troubleshooting, I couldn't get it to work on my Itouch...I was always thisclose!! Hopefully it'll really help someone else out though!

Thirty One Gifts

I did it! It was neat. I wanted to see if I could work it the other way so I turned off my internet on my computer and then the picture froze on my iphone and I don't know what to do now. LOL

Unknown

I was hoping you might have a great idea for an "apptivity" on ipod touch devices. I want to do more than let them just play on ed. apps. ??? Thanks for all your fantastic resources!

Jen

Thank you for posting this! I am so excited to download this app!!!

Rachel

Thank you for posting this! I tried it tonight between my iPad and my MacBook Pro and it was awesome! I hope I'll be able to get it to work between my PC at school and my iPad!

Rachel
Go Fourth! With Mrs. Owens

jhon apps

that is easy now that
i am controling my COMPUTER with my Iphone or Ipad.

make a facebook application

Post a Comment

Leave some magic words