CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Owl & Bat Nocturnal Animals Ceiling Decoration


Handprint wings :)






Haha my favorite!  I think it is supposed to be a scary bat, but I think it kinda looks like a lady bat... too cute.


Ok, now here's the bad news... I don't have a pattern.  I got it from one of the veteran teachers and I have no idea where they got it from.  But, I have a plan!  To make your own, find a clipart image of an owl.  Print and cut out the large sections onto a manilla file folder to make a pattern- then cut out the individual pieces for your kiddos.  It takes a little while to cut out, but I think the results are so worth it!  Also, use colored hole punch protectors to add some colors to the eyes.  And googly eyes are a must.  :)

 Also, the bat pattern is very simple- just the body!  The students trace their hands (twice) on 1/2 a sheet of black paper for the wings.  The moon is just a 10" circle from the die cut.  Owl on one side, bat on the other.  Looks great from the ceiling!

What do you do for fall decorations?

5 comments:

Barbara

Those are GREAT looking!

❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful

Meghan Mayhew

I love the bats and owls! I have posted a fall activity I do with pumpkins on my blog, feel free to check it out!
~Meghan

Brittany

I love your cute little blog, so I've decided to give you the Versatile Blogger Award. Check it out!

http://day-in-first-grade.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-world-how-i-have-missed-you.html

Ginger Snaps

These are soooo cute! Thank you for linking up! =)

Mrs. Teachnology

I have bestowed upon you the "I Heart You Blog Award"! Thank you for sharing all your wonderful ideas. Hop on over to Mrs. Teachnology to grab your award!

Post a Comment

Leave some magic words