Today our largest number went up to the billions in place value!
We have played the game with two variations. The first time we played Mrs. Egesdal's class (@4Begesdal) from Forest City, Iowa. We challenged her fourth grade class by answering yes or no questions to discover the mystery number.
We had great problem solvers ask questions like:
- Is your number greater than 50?
- Is your number a multiple of 10?
- Is your number even?
Today we challenged Mrs. Naugle's fourth grade class (@plnaugle) from Louisiana. In this game, the students wrote down clues that the other class had to solve in order to find out the mystery number.
Clues included questions like:
- It is a seven digit number.
- The number in the tens place is 2. The number in the thousands place is 3 times this number.
- The number in the ones place is an even number less than three.
If you would like to participate in a Mystery Number Google Hangout or Skype Chat, sign up here!