CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April: student display ideas and seasonal work


I'm showing off a few pics from my student displays in my room. ALL of these ideas are from fellow bloggers or TPT content. I will try to link up everything so you can get these great activities for yourself if you are interested! They turned out really cute.

I know it's technically after Easter, but these guys are staying up until the end of the month! In the unit, they weren't decorated, but my little guys were really excited about it. I'm pretty sure they were part of Incredible Egg Oviparous Math Work Stations-Common Core, as is the pic below this one. Their writing cracked me up! They came up with the funniest things that came from eggs: dinosaurs, peacocks, sea turtles, flamingos, alligators...
I'm also planning on creating this Chick Glyph from First Grade Blue Skies. They will be on a bulletin board directly above our class incubator! In case you missed the news last year, I hatch chicken eggs with my class. Here is a post with details about our incubator. We are on day 9 of 21. I can't wait to see the little guys!



Yes, that is a real umbrella. And some paperclips and fishing line. AND Cara Carroll's super-great March Madness Mega Pack, which includes this Raindrop Compound Word Book. Snag your copy here!

Speaking of March Mega Madness, I do believe this amazingness originated from there too! We put our own spin on things by creating the kites from old magazine pages. I had lots of nature magazines, so they turned out really unique! To to this activity, I also had them trace a triangle that I made from an old folder.

This adorableness is from Mel D. over @ Suesstastic Classroom Inspirations. She has a whole free unit on Suess stuff that is wonderful! I have some pictures of the kiddos with the Lorax style mustache that I will print and attach to the globes soon. (Sidenote: I think we may need to review a little geography! Ha!)

I know it looks so busy! I just wanted you to see the umbrella and kite in the same pic.

Ohmyword ya'll. I SERIOUSLY LOVE these things!!!!!! She has great paper that goes with it at the writing station as well. My kids LOVE our new updated writing station! They get to choose between writing a card, labeling a seasonal paper, creating a list, writing a letter, etc. I already have several months of her stuff, but I plan on purchasing the whole year's worth before next school year. They are a great value!

Our school is having a TCAP (TN Standardized Test) celebration/pep rally. We have a camo theme, so this was our poster for an upper grade class. I just googled in "TCAP Cheers"


So, where did I get all this money to buy TPT stuff? No, I didn't win that lottery the other night. I am now using all my school funds in P.O. orders & ink! Check it out if you haven't already! :)

Random: I'm going to ALL FOR THE HALL TONIGHT!!!!!!! Hosted by Keith Urban & Vince Gill- here is the lineup: Alabama - Rascal Flatts - Lady Antebellum - Alison Krauss & Union Station - Pistol Annies - The Band Perry - The Oak Ridge Boys - Little Big Town - Thompson Square - Diamond Rio - Exile - Blue Sky Riders

SOOOO EXCITED!!!! I <3 NASHVILLE!

Also...
My husband and I have started a travel agency company. We are REALLY excited about this! We both have several years of experience at Disney, and he also worked for Princess Cruise Line. We are avid travelers. We are now fully certified and ready to book! We can handle simple things from a car rental or hotel. We do destination weddings/honeymoons.
We also do:
  • Family Vacations (We specialize in Disney!)
  • Cruises
  • All-Inclusive Resorts
  • Guided Tours
  • Group/Corporate Travel
  • Much more!
We would love to help you plan your next dream vacation! Did I mention there are no fees, just really great service and discounts?

Love great travel deals? Follow our website and "like" our Facebook page!


2 comments:

Pocketful of Littles

Love the hanging umbrella

Ms. Patterson

Heather Kaiser, EdD.

I have nominated you for an award. Come on over and claim it. http://technotchrtpt.blogspot.com/2012/04/very-lovely-blog.html

Post a Comment

Leave some magic words