CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Groundhog Day Classroom Activities

Today we went outside for Groundhog Day. We partnered up and traced our partner's shadow with a piece of sidewalk chalk. Next, we measured our shadows in non-standard units (groundhogs) and created a graphic organizer together to show what we learned this fun holiday!
If you don't have Cara Carroll's Groundhog Unit, you can snag it right now while it's on sale! We used her graphic organizers and Groundhog pattern for our measurement activity. I laminated the ground hogs and glued them to popsicle sticks to make them a little more fristie friendly for this activity.


10 comments:

Unknown

Love the shadow drawing! How fun is that??
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

kinderpond

I love this idea!!!!!


Jennifer

{Yes I PINNED it lol }

Sheri

Love it!!! Looks like they had GREAT fun:)
Sheri
1st GRADE ROCKS!!!!

Tina

Love the shadow activity!

Quench Your First

Unknown

Great fun!

Marybeth
http://cialinichat-mbcialini.blogspot.com/

David and Adele

Groundhog Day Shadows, there's a beautiful poetry in that. I wonder what it's like to live somewhere that you have sunshine?

Looks like we might have snow today.

Mr E
Hawes

Amanda

It was so nice to talk with you today! :) I'm glad we got to meet in real life! :)

Katie and Steve

It's nice to have a face to go with the "milk carton igloo" picture! I am so glad I found your blog...Love all of your technology links. I'll be blog-stalking you!

Katie
TwoCanDoIt.Blogspot.com
ReadingResource.net

Lisa Lizak and Beth Wright

I love Cara's unit too! My kiddos had so much fun :) I saw on Queen of the First Grade Jungle you were at the blogger meet up yesterday too, I wish I would have had a chance to talk to you, I love your blog and super creative ideas! Can't wait to see the big group photo! Have a great week :)

Lisa :)
Made In The Shade In Second Grade

Darlena

This looks like such a fun project! Thanks for sharing.

Darlena
http://enoughofthecattalk.com

Post a Comment

Leave some magic words