CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 16, 2011

What's your most prized school items?

I found out today we might have some extra money coming from a PTO fundraiser.  Woohoo!  Now my dilemma is purchasing meaningful, classroom changin' products.

At the start of the year I shelled out some major moolah out of my own pocket and purchased:

  • A Wireless Printer (helloooo blogging ideas!)
  • 2 color ink cartridges and 2 black ones (I could use some more already...)
  • Book Bins for the kiddos
  • Book Baskets for my classroom library
  • iHome Dock (result of me selling my graduate school books back to Amazon...)
  • Otterbox ipad case (which makes the ipad not fit in the above-mentioned ipad dock.  thankyouverymuch)
Other classroom rockin' products that <3:
  • The Daily Five
  • The Cafe Book
  • Words Their Way
  • Lucy Calkin's Units of Study for Primary Grades
  • All the recommended mentor texts from Units of Study
  • Math books- I would guess that I have over 100 math books in our class library
  • A document camera- iPevo $70 on Amazon
  • Ipad
  • My iphone (yep, I put it in the hands of the kiddos)
I would love to have:
  • Audio CDs and Books for the CD player
  • More organizational stuff... like to keep our weekly leveled books in
  • An interactive whiteboard (ha!) or Mimeo 
  • A cutting machine 
  • A closet makeover (my closet is about 1/4 the size of everyone else's on the hall.  Stupid AC unit or whatever the heck is back there taking up all my closet space!)
  • More fun teaching tools

So, what do you recommend that I get?  What are your favorite classroom items?
Also- what are your students' favorite apps?  Anything I need to get?

3 comments:

Mrs. Zrihen

Get a document camera & projector!!!!!!

❤ Mor ❤
A Teacher's Treasure

4321teach

I heart Words Their Way too! My absolute favorite item is my SMARTboard. It has made my lessons so much more visual!

Mrs. Magee

You've won an award on my blog!
http://www.firstgradebrain.com

Post a Comment

Leave some magic words